We watched the opening sequence of some thriller films to find the conventions of thrillers etc.
The film we are focusing on is 'Cape Fear'
- Water - distorted images, reflections, drowning connotations
- Links with 'cape' water, lake
- Could be linked to the narrative (danger)
- Bird - predator from low angle. suggests being hunted, victim
- Silhouette of man - mysterious, villain, hidden identity
- Extreme close up of eyes - danger, victim
- Eyes - vulnerability, fear shows in the eyes
- Water droplet, red filter, could refer to blood, danger
- Tense orchestral music, louder with credits, uncomfortable atmosphere
- Negative view on face
- Bold, white capital font
- Distorted images, layered, confusion, merges ideas